Conditions We Treat
Specializing in treating failed spine injection, failed back surgery, disc herniation, sciatica, headache, difficult neurological pain, fibromyalgia, etc.
1. Failed Spine Injections: If you have neck pain and low back pain and have received spinal injection, but injection did not help or only help a little, you are still painful, even recommended for spine surgery, we may help you to avoid or postpone your surgery. Our philosophy is different, understanding the source of pain is different, techniques are cutting edge. Many patients' pain significantly improved.
2. Failed Spine Surgery or Persistent Pain after Spine Surgery. In some cases, the spine surgery did not help patient's pain. We need to analyze what is the reason. In certain scenario, spine surgery only finished part of the treatment regimen, for example only laminectomy for decompression or fusion for stabilization, patient may still has inflamed nerve root or facet joint. We will help you to figure out the source of pain and then treat it. We have accumulated experience and treated many patients who have pain after spine surgery.
3. Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy to Treat Lumbar Disc Herniation. Traditional open spine surgery can remove the herniated disc which is impinging nerve root, meanwhile also cause more surgical trauma. Now minimally endoscopic discectomy is extensively accepted. Dr. Zheng is a very few physicians specifically fellowship trained in endoscopic spine procedure, also with hospital privilege. He was trained and worked with the pioneer Dr. Anthony Yeung at internationally renowned Desert Institute of Spine Care, Phoenix, Arizona. Dr. Zheng has done many cases of endoscopic spine procedures to help patient. Dr. Zheng did cadaver dissection and as the second author with Dr. Anthony Yeung wrote the book chapter endoscopic discectomy. See Dr Zheng publication.
4. Endoscopic Lumbar Foraminotomy to Treat Lumbar Stenosis This is an excellent procedure to treat aged patient with lumbar stenosis, decompress the pinched nerve root without big open spine surgery.
5. Endoscopic Lumbar Facet Rhizotomy to Treat Facet Joint Originated Back Pain. Traditional facet joint/Medical branch blocks, even needle probe typed radiofrequency ablation, in some cases, only provide short term pain relief. The cutting edge endoscopic facet rhizotomy provide more extensive and long term pain relief. Dr. Zheng did cadaver dissection and as the second author with Dr. Anthony Yeung wrote the book chapter endoscopic facet rhizotomy. See Dr Zheng publication.
6. Failed Radiofrequency Ablation of Medial Branch Endoscopic Lumbar Facet Rhizotomy: Fellowship Trained physician with advanced cutting edge techniques successfully treated many patients.
7. Chronic Neck Pain & Low Back Pain: Finding the exact source of pain with advanced philosophy, successfully treated with interventional and minimally spine endoscopic procedures.
8. Chronic headache/Migraine with normal imaging findings of brain: We have successfully treated many patients who suffer from Chronic headache/Migraine.
9. Disc Herniation, Disc Bulge, Annular Tear: These conditions can cause neck pain or back pain, arm pain or sciatica. By careful evaluate patient's history, physical, imaging studies and other related tests, formulate individualized treatment plan with higher success rate.
10. Spinal Canal Stenosis: Endoscopic Lumbar Foraminotomy enlarge the foramen and decompress pinched nerve root.
11. Facet Joint Arthritis: Endoscopic facet rhizotomy provide more extensive and long term pain relief.
12. Lumbar Spine Vertebra Slippage: Anterolisthesis & Retrolisthesis: Mild or moderate slippage, in most patients, can be treated interventionally with our unique philosophy and techniques.
13. Tailbone Pain: Coccoxdynia: Unique Injection with impar ganglion blocks with high success rate.
14. Sacroiliac Joint Pain: Injection and radiofrequency treatment.
15. Back Pain from Ankylosing Spondylitis & Rhematoid Arthritis: In addition to medical treatment, we have treated patients for back pain interventionally.
16. Peripheral Neuropathy: Such as diabetic peripheral neuropathy, or other causes. We have successfully treated many patients with this very difficult condition.
17. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: Old terminology also called RSD ( Reflex Sympathetic Distrophy) We have treated patients with upper and lower extremity pain with our unique techniques.
18. Fibromyalgia: We have successfully treated this disorders in many patients.
19. Multiple Sclerosis with lower extremity radiating pain and numbness:
Joint Pain: We treat joint pain with injection, Lubricant and radiofrequency ablation.
- Shoulder Pain:
- Elbow Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee pain
- Ankle Pain
- Foot Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome