Dr. Zheng's Publications
Dr. Zheng's Recent Book Chapters for Endoscopic Spine Surgery:
Dr. Zheng is the coauthor for these book chapters with Dr. Anthony T. Yeung who is internationally well known as the pioneer of endoscopic spine surgery. Please refer to www.sciatica.com.
1. Yeung, Anthony T, Yeung, Christopher A, Zheng Yinggang. Chapter 5C. Posterolateral selective endoscopic discectomy. The YESS technique. In: Larry T. Khoo, A. Fahir Pzer (ed). Minimally Invasive Procedures in Spine Surgery. Intertip. 2015.
2. Yeung AT, Zheng Y, Yeung CA. Dorsal Endoscopic Rhizotomy for nondiscogenic axial low Back Pain. In: Yue JJ (ed). The Comprehensive Treatment of the Aging Spine: Minimally Invasive and Advanced Techniques. Elsevier/Saunders, Philadelphia, 2011
3. Zheng Y, Liu K, Simmons ED. Cervical Internal Disc Disruption Syndrome: Role of Diagnostic Imaging. In: DePalma MJ (ed). Interventional Spine Care. Demos Medical Publishing, New York, 2011.
Dr. Zheng's Recent Presentations for Endoscopic Spine Surgery at National and International Meetings:
Dr. Zheng is the coauthor for these presentations with Dr. Anthony T. Yeung who is internationally well known as the pioneer of endoscopic surgery. Please refer to www.sciatica.com.
1. Anthony T. Yeung, Yinggang Zheng. Dorsal Endoscopic Rhizotomy for Non-discogenic Axial Back Pain. World Congress of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery II and International Intradiscal Society 23rd Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, June 1, 2010
2. Anthony T. Yeung, C.A. Yeung, Y. Zheng, Complication Risks of the Transforaminal Approach to the Lumbar Spine: An Anatomic and Patho-anatomic Risk Assessment. ISASS, Las Vegas, Nevada, April, 2011
3. Anthony T. Yeung, Y. Zheng, C. Yeung, J. Field, C. Meredith. Endoscopic Dorsal Rhizotomy, a New Anatomically Guided MIS Procedure, Is More Effective than Traditional Pulsed Radiofrequency Lesioning for Non-discogenic Axial Back Pain. ISASS, Las Vegas, Nevada, April, 2011
4. Anthony T. Yeung, Y. Zheng, C.A. Yeung, J. Field1, C. Meredith. The Transforaminal Endoscopic Approach Is Effective for the Treatment of the Most Common Causes of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS). ISASS, Las Vegas, Nevada, April, 2011
5. Anthony T. Yeung, Yinggang Zheng, C.A. Yeung1, J. Field. The Presence of Furcal Nerves in the Foramen Affects the Incidence of Post-operative Dysesthesia, an Unavoidable Risk of All Transforaminal Surgical Approaches. ISASS, Las Vegas, Nevada, April, 2011
6. Anthony T. Yeung, Yinggang Zheng, C.A. Yeung, J. Field, C. Meredith. A Comparative Outcome Evaluation of Lumbar Transforaminal Endoscopic Discectomy versus Micro-lumbar Discectomy for Lumbar Disc Herniation. ISASS, Las Vegas, Nevada, April, 2011
7. Yinggang Zheng, Anthony T. Yeung. In- Vivo Visualization of Patho-anatomy in Degenerative Conditions of Lumbar Spine. Asian Pacific Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Annual , Aug 17, 2012, Xian, China
8. Yinggang Zheng, Anthony T. Yeung. Endoscopic lumbar discectomy and foraminotomy. Advanced Endoscopic Spine Surgery Meeting. April 22, 2016, Beijing, China
Dr. Zheng's Recent Published Articles in Spine Journal for Spine Surgery:
Dr. Zheng has done extensive research in spine surgery at the Upstate Medical University, University at Buffalo, New York.
1. Simmons ED, Zheng Y. Implication of osteoporosis during spinal surgery. Advances in Osteopotic Fracture Management, 2004, 3(1): 13-22
2. Zheng Y, Liew SM., Simmons ED. The value of MRI and discography in determining the level of cervical discectomy and fusion. Spine, 2004 Oct 1; 29 (19): 2140-2145.
3. Simmons ED, Zheng Y. Vertebral tumors: surgical versus nonsurgical treatment. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2006 Feb;443:233-47
4. Simmons ED, DiStefano RJ, Zheng Y, Simmons EH. Thirty-six years experience of cervical extension osteotomy in ankylosing spondylitis: techniques and outcomes. Spine. 2006 Dec 15;31(26):3006-12
5. Experimental Study on Application of rhBMP-2 Induce Intervertebral Disc Osteogenesis in Rabbits. Ortho Biomechanics Materials and Clinical Study. 2007: 4: 8-11
6. Zheng Y, Lu WW, Zhu Q, Qin L, Zhong S, Leong JC. Bone mineral density variations of the sacrum in young adults and its significance for sacral fixation. Spine,2000, 25(2): 232-6
7. Zhu Q, Lu WW, Holmes AD, Zheng Y, Zhong S, Leong JC. The effects of cyclic loading on pull-out strength of sacral screw fixation: an in vitro biomechanical study. Spine 2000 May 1;25(9):1065-9
8. Lu WW, Zheng Y, Holmes A, Zhu Q, Luk KD, Zhong S, Leong JC. Bone mineral density variations along the lumbosacral spine. Clin Orthop. 2000 Sep;(378):255-63.
9. Edwards WT, Zheng Y, Ferrara LA, Yuan HA.Structural features and thickness of the vertebral cortex in the thoracolumbar spine.Spine 2001 Jan 15;26(2):218-25
10. Edwards WT, Ordway NR, Zheng Y, McCullen G, Han Z, Yuan HA. Peak stresses observed in the posterior lateral anulus. Spine. 2001 Aug 15;26(16):1753-9.
11. Wang T, Hu Y, Zheng Y, Chen X. The role of melatonin in the chicken scoliosis model. Chinese J Ortho, ;2002; 10:
12. Zheng YG, Hu YG, Zhou BW. [Developmental stenosis of the cervical spinal canal hyperextension injury] Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi. Nov 1992;29(12):727-9. In Chinese.
13. Zheng YG, Hu YG, Zhou BW. [Low back pain in pregnant woman.] Chinese Journal of Orthopedics. 1992, 12(6):429-432. In Chinese.
14. Zheng YG, Hu YG, Zhou BW. [An epidemiologic study of workers with low back pain] Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi. Jan 1994;32(1):43-45. In Chinese.
15. Chen XL, Zhou BW, Hu YG, Zheng, YG, et al. [Intra-osseous cartilaginous nodules over the posterior margin of the lumbar spine.] Chinese Journal of Orthopedics. 1995;15(10):684-685. In Chinese.
16. Li SZ, Hu YG, Zheng YG, et al. [Diagnosis and surgical treatment of intramedullary spinal cord tumors.] Chinese Journal of Orthopedics. 1996;16(5):315-317. In Chinese.
17. Connolly PJ, Clem MF, Kolata R, Ordway N, Zheng Y, Yuan HA. Video assisted thoracic corpectomy and spinal reconstruction: A biomechnical analysis of open Vs endoscopic technique. J Spinal Disord. 1996 Dec;9(6):453-9.
18. Leong JC, Lu WW, Zheng Y, Zhu Q, Zhong SZ. Comparison of the strength of lumbosacral fixation achieved with techniques using one and two triangulated sacral screws. Spine, 1998;23(21):2289-94
19. Zhu Q, Lu WW, Holmes AD, Zheng Y, Zhong S, Leong JC [Bimechanical evaluation of pull-out strength for sacral screw fixation.] Chinese Journal of Orthopedics.1999;19(8):467-470. In Chinese.